Department of Microbiology
The prime objective of the Department is to maintain excellence in teaching, research and to carry out advanced, specialized & emergency investigations.
- (1) Bacteriology
- (2) Mycology
- (3) Mycobacteriology
- (4) Immunology
- (5) Serology
- (6) Virology
- (7) Parasitology
- (8) Molecular biology.
- Well equipped Seven service laboratories, Practical hall with 60 microscopes, Postgraduate Research Laboratory with advanced equipments, Demonstration room with 60 seats capacity, Museum & Departmental library.
Special features of the department
- Biomedical waste management of the hospital
- Hospital infection control surveillance
- Antibiotic policy of the hospital
- Central Animal House
- Participation in External Quality Assurance programmes.