The airport is the busiest in India and acts as the country’s main international gateway. The first passenger terminal at DEL opened up in 1962.
Which is the No 1 airport in India?
1. Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi (Code – DEL) Beautifully planned, sprawling (5106 acres), and bustling at all times, Indira Gandhi International Airport is undoubtedly one of the best international airports in India.
Which airport has the most flights per day in India?
Indira Gandhi International Airport – Delhi
Indira Gandhi International Airport is the busiest airport in India in terms of both passenger traffic and cargo traffic. The airport is also the world’s busiest airport for Airbus A320 aircraft and one of the busiest airport in Asia by passenger traffic.
Which is big airport in India?
The Jewar Airport is all set to be India’s largest airport and among the biggest in the world in terms of the number of runways!
Which is the most beautiful airport in India?
Most Beautiful Airports in India: Window Seat Essentials
- Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport, Ladakh. …
- Veer Savarkar International Airport, Port Blair. …
- Gaggal Airport, Kangra. …
- Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi. …
- Bhuj Airport, Kutch. …
- Agatti Aerodrome, Lakshadweep: …
- Shimla Airport, Shimla: …
- Lengpui Airport, Mizoram:
Which is No 1 airport in world?
World’s Busiest Airports
|1.||Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport||10|
|2.||Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport||1|
|3.||Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport||21|
|4.||Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport||6|
Which is biggest airport in world?
Top 10 biggest airports in the world
- Dubai International Airport.
- Los Angeles International Airport.
- Tokyo Haneda Airport.
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport.
- London Heathrow Airport.
- Hong Kong International Airport.
- Shanghai Pudong International Airport.
- Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport.
How many airports are there in India in 2020?
There are 464 airports/airstrips in India, out of which AAI manages a total of 137 airports which include 24 International airports (3 Civil Enclaves), 10 Customs airports (4 Civil Enclaves) and 103 Domestic airports (23 Civil Enclaves), as per the Airports Authority of India website.