Step 1 : Go to the police station and inform the police about the offence. Step 2 : You can either write your complaint beforehand, take it to the police station directly and inform them you need to file a complaint or go to the police station and give the information orally, it will be written down by the police.
How can I complain to Indian police online?
How to file an online FIR:
- Go to the official website. (For example: For Delhi Police, visit the official website www.delhipolice.nic.in).
- Select the service option on the home page. (Select the particular category and register your complaint).
- A new page will be displayed.
How do I make a complaint to 101?
When you have this information available you can make your complaint in a number of ways:
- Complete our online complaint form.
- Write to the Professional Standards Department, PO Box 2460, Police Scotland, Dalmarnock, Glasgow, G40 9BA.
- Dial 101 and make a report of your complaint over the telephone.
How do I make a complaint online?
Check out 10 effective ways and online destinations to file complaints that a company will pay attention to.
- Go to the company website. …
- Contact the Better Business Bureau. …
- Contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). …
- Check out the Ripoff Report. …
- Email email@example.com. …
- Try Yelp. …
- Post on Planet Feedback.
How do I complain about a threatening police?
Format Of The Letter
- To begin, the complaint must include a date and time at the top, extreme right-hand corner. …
- The very left-hand side must state to whom the police complaint should be addressed, such as the Station House Officer / SHO or higher police officers, depending on the situation.
What can I do if police harass me in India?
Approach the Superintendent of Police (SP) – You should make a complaint in writing, and send it to the SP of your district, by post. The SP will consider your complaint, and if he feels that your complaint reports a cognizable offence, he will direct the police to investigate your case or investigate it himself.
How do I write a letter of harassment complaint to police in India?
Respected Sir/ Madam, I am __________ (Name), a resident of ________ (Address) writing this letter to file a complaint about the harassment I have been facing. This is to inform you that I am being harassed by _______ (Name) who is a resident of ________ (Residence) and which is becoming a matter of concern for me.
How long do police have to respond to a complaint?
There is no time limit on making a complaint. But note that if you do not complain within 12 months the police can decline to deal with your complaint unless you give them a good reason.
How do you make a complaint?
An effective complaint often has three steps: explaining the problem; stating your feelings; and asking for action. The first step is to explain the problem. To do it effectively, you must use polite, respectful language. In English, polite language is usually indirect.
How do you deal with a rude police officer?
Exhibit Non-Aggressive Behavior & Speech
Speak at a normal, respectful volume. If an officer is staring aggressively, DO NOT stare back. Lower your gaze and break eye contact. If an officer is positioned uncomfortably close to you, remain still and unimposing.
How do I write a consumer complaint?
A consumer complaint shall consist of the following details:
- Name and address of the complainant and the opposite party.
- The date on which the goods were purchased or services availed, details of such goods and services and the amount paid for the same.
What complaints does the Ombudsman deal with?
We review and resolve complaints about all sorts of things, such as: billing, customer service, installations/delays, switching providers, loss of service and sales. Find out more about the types of problems Ombudsman Services can look at.
What does file a complaint mean?
complaint. n. the first document filed with the court (actually with the County Clerk or Clerk of the Court) by a person or entity claiming legal rights against another. The party filing the complaint is usually called the plaintiff and the party against whom the complaint is filed is called the defendant or defendants …