How can I prove my marriage without certificate in India?
- non registration does not affect validity of marriage.
- if marriage is not registered wedding invitation cards , wedding photographs are sufficient to prove that marriage has taken place.
- mere wedding invitation cards is not sufficent to prove the marriage.
What is the proof of marriage in India?
A marriage certificate is essentially the legal proof of registration of a marriage. In India, a marriage can either be registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.
How do I know if my marriage is valid?
When Does a Marriage Become Legal?
- The marriage license must be signed by the couple, one or more witnesses, and the officiant conducting the ceremony.
- The officiant must take the signed marriage license to the appropriate court office to have it filed. …
- Once the license has been filed, the marriage is officially legal.
Is Hindu marriage valid without registration?
1. The marriage has been solemnized according to Hindu rituals. The fact that it has not been registered does not affect the validity of the marriage. … If the spouses do not wish to continue the marriage then they may file for mutual consent divorce after drawing up the consent terms.
Can I marry without registration?
Compulsory registration of marriage will ensure that conditions of a valid marriage have been fulfilled. Without compulsory registration women are deceived into marrying without fulfilling the conditions of a legal marriage.
What can be used as proof of relationship?
The best proof of relationship is a certified copy of the civil or religious birth record of the person filing for benefits showing the parents’ names. When the relationship involves a legally adopted child or the parent of a legally adopted child, the best proof is a certified copy of the decree or order of adoption.
Can a marriage be registered anywhere in India?
As per the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, following are the requirements for registration: One can apply for marriage at any sub-divisional magistrate’s office; the offline application method can be initiated from there itself; the registration can be done online as well.
Can we register marriage online in India?
As discussed, a marriage in India can be registered both online and offline. Online registration of marriage in India is available in major cities across India. One need to log in to the official website of the state in which the marriage was solemnized, or either of the partners is residing for more than six months.
Is marriage in Temple legal?
The marriage performed in a temple is valid in the eyes of laws. … The temple must issue an authorized certificate of marriage or alternatively, a duly signed document to act as an evidence of solemnization of the marriage. The photographs must be taken so that there is documentary evidence of the marriage.
What happens if you dont register your marriage?
If you haven’t registered your marriage in the court, you still have to go through the same legal divorce proceedings to officially separate from your partner. The Indian government recognizes all marriages that have been officiated under religious rituals and ceremonies.
What makes a marriage invalid?
Marriage Under Fraud, Duress, or Undue Influence.
If one party coerces the other party to marry or tricks the other party into the marriage, the marriage is voidable. However, once the tricked or coerced party freely decides to live with the other party, the marriage can no longer be declared void.
What makes a marriage null and void?
Two of the most common underlying reasons for considering a marriage void are the illegal acts of “bigamy” and “incest”. A bigamous marriage exists when one of the spouses was legally married to someone else when the marriage took place. An incestuous marriage occurs when the spouses are close family members.