India is a federal union comprising 28 states and 8 union territories, for a total of 36 entities. The states and union territories are further subdivided into districts and smaller administrative divisions.
How is India divided into regions?
The Indian mainland has been broadly divided into four geographical areas: the Northern Mountains or the Himalayan region; the great Northern Plains; the Deccan Peninsula; the coastal plains and Islands.
What are the 29 states and 9 Union territories?
States and Union Territories
- Andhra Pradesh(Amaravati)
- Arunachal Pradesh(Itanagar)
Which are the 29 states of India in order?
India is a union of States and Union Territories for the purposes of administration, India is divided into 29 States (Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar, Goa, Gujarat, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Orissa, …
Which is poor state in India?
Chhattisgarh is one of the poorest states in India. About 1/3 of the population of Chhattisgarh lives below the poverty line. 93% of the people in the state of Chhattisgarh are poor.
What are the 5 regions of India?
- Central India.
- East India.
- North India.
- Northeast India.
- South India.
- Western India.
What are the 9 Union territories and their capitals?
Table List of 9 Union Territories with their capitals, formation date and their population:
|1||Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|3||Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Silvassa|
|4||Daman and Diu||Daman|
Which are the 9 union territories of India 2020?
Union Territories are: Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, National Capital Territory of Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Lakshadweep, Ladakh and Puducherry.
What are the 30 states of India?
- Arunachal Pradesh(English) Arunachal Pradesh(Hindi) 2nd / 2020. …
- Assam (English) Assam (Hindi) 2nd/2021. …
- Bihar. 1st/2002. 1:10,00,000. …
- ($) Chattisgarh (English) ($) Chattisgarh (Hindi) …
- Dadra & Nagar Haveli and. Maharastra (West) …
- Gujarat (English) 3rd / 2011. …
- Haryana (English) Haryana (Hindi) …
- Jammu & Kashmir. 1st / 2020.
What is the name of 29th state?
Telangana was created on 2 June 2014 as ten former districts of north-western Andhra Pradesh.
Who is the CM of all 29 states?
|Andhra Pradesh||Shri YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Shri Pema Khandu|
|Assam||Shri Himanta Biswa Sarma|
|Bihar||Shri Nitish Kumar|
Which is richest city in India?
10 Richest Cities in India That You Must Visit
- Mumbai. Haven’s we all heard about the City of Dreams? …
- Delhi. The next stop on our list is the capital of India, Delhi. …
- Kolkata. The ‘City of Joy’ that was once the capital of colonial India, Kolkata! …
- Bengaluru. …
- Chennai. …
- Hyderabad. …
- Pune. …
Which is the beautiful state in India?
1. Kerala. Kerala is one of the prettiest states, rightfully dubbed ‘God’s Own Country’. Here you will find pristine beaches at Kovalam, Muzhappilangad and Varkala.