Is Hindi mother tongue of India?
A language is an umbrella term which contains many mother tongues. 43% of Indians speak the Hindi language, which includes many mother tongues such as Bhojpuri, Rajasthani & Hindi. Only about 26% of Indians speak Hindi as mother tongue under the broader Hindi language grouping (according to Census 2011).
Which state in India has Hindi as mother tongue?
The Hindi belt is sometimes also used to refer to nine Indian states whose official language is Standard Hindi, namely Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and the union territory of Chandigarh and the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
What is the most beautiful language in India?
Hence the language developed very richly and the biggest linguistic unit in India. Once the famous Indian king Sri Krishna Devaraya boasted in his court that ‘Desa Bhashalandu Telugu Lessa‘, which means Telugu is the beautiful and supreme language of the country. Since the past years, the language called as ‘Tenugu’.
Which language is oldest in India?
Sanskrit (5000 years old)
Sanskrit is a widely spoken language in India. Almost all the ancient manuscripts of Hindusim, Jainism and Buddhism were written in this language.
Which is the oldest language in world?
Seven oldest surviving languages in the world.
- Tamil: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 300 BC. …
- Sanskrit: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 2000 BC. …
- Greek: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 1500 BC. …
- Chinese: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 1250 BC.
Which is the first language in the world?
Sanskrit (5000 years old) – World’s Oldest Language.
Which language is the best language in India?
Top 10 Most Popular Indian Languages
- Hindi. Hindi is officially the most popular language spoken across India. …
- Bengali. The second most widely spoken language after Hindi is none other than Bengali which is said to be spoken by approximately 8% of the entire population. …