How do you put a comma in numbers in Indian style?
Solution: In the Indian numeral system, we use commas as separators to mark different periods. We, thus, insert a comma after each period. Starting from the right side of the number, the first comma is inserted after the hundreds digit.
How do you put a comma in international Excel?
Working with the Comma Style in Excel 2010
- Select the cells containing the numbers you want to format.
- On the Home tab, click the Number dialog box launcher. The Format Cells dialog box appears, with the Number tab on top.
- In the Category list, select Number.
- Select the Use 1000 Separator (,) check box.
- Click OK.
How do I change the comma style in Excel?
Right-click on the Comma style and choose Modify… In the Format Cells dialog, choose Number, 0 Decimal Places, Use 1000 Separator, and change Negative Numbers to the black -1,234. Click OK to close the Format Cells dialog. Click OK to close the Style dialog.
How do you read Indian currency?
Examples. 150,000 rupees in India is referred to as “1.5 lakh rupees”, which is written as 1,50,000 rupees; 30,000,000 (thirty million) rupees is referred to as “3 crore rupees”, which is written as 3,00,00,000 rupees with commas at the thousand, lakh, and crore places.
What is comma style in Excel?
Comma style is a formatting style used in visualizing numbers with commas when the values is over 1000, such as if we use this style on data with value 100000 then the result displayed will be as (100,000), this formatting style can be accessed from the home tab in the number section and click on the 1000 (,) separator …
How do I concatenate a comma in Excel?
Combine data using the CONCAT function
- Select the cell where you want to put the combined data.
- Type =CONCAT(.
- Select the cell you want to combine first. Use commas to separate the cells you are combining and use quotation marks to add spaces, commas, or other text.
- Close the formula with a parenthesis and press Enter.
What does a comma mean in Excel?
In excel formula, a comma means a separator between the input parts of your formula. It is commonly used in all formulas that you used in the software. Alternatively, you may find in your excel that you use semicolon (;) instead of comma. The meaning of them is the same just the sign used is different.
How do you format a comma style?
Comma style is a type of number format where it adds commas to large numbers, adds two decimal places (i.e. 1000 becomes 1,000.00), displays negative values in closed parentheses & represents zeros with a dash (–). The shortcut key for comma style is ALT + HK.
How do you AutoFill in Excel?
Click and hold the left mouse button, and drag the plus sign over the cells you want to fill. And the series is filled in for you automatically using the AutoFill feature. Or, say you have information in Excel that isn’t formatted the way you need it to be, such as this list of names.
How do you create a separator in Excel?
How to split text by space/comma/delimiter in Excel?
- Select the column list you want to split by delimiter, and click Data > Text to Columns. …
- Then a Convert Text to columns Wizard dialog pops out, and check Delimited option, and click Next button.
How do you read lakhs?
There are three special numbers in the Indian numbering system – Lakh, Crore, and Arab.
- One lakh in numbers is written as 1,00,000.
- A crore is equal to a hundred lakhs and is expressed as 1,00,00,000.
- An Arab is 100 crores and is expressed as 1,00,00,00,000.
Is crore equal to billion?
Crores: Crore is again the unit of countable figures such as currency in Indian number system. … Therefore, one billion is equal to 100 crores. Thus our answer is;One billion is equal to 100 crore. Note: Like the million and billion there one more larger unit of countable figures is trillion.
What is full form INR?
The Indian rupee (INR) is the currency of India. INR is the International Organization for Standardization currency code for the Indian rupee, for which the currency symbol is ₹.