At present, it takes 7-15 days for marriages to get registered and for the issuance of certificates. The couple needs to be present in office to fill in Form 1 and 2 and the application for registering marriage.
What is the process of marriage registration in India?
- Application form (notice in the form specified) duly filled and signed by the bride and the groom.
- Documentary evidence of the date of birth of both the parties (matriculation certificate/ passport/ birth certificate)
- Receipt of fees paid with respect to the application form in the District Court.
Can I register my marriage anywhere in India?
One can apply for marriage at any sub-divisional magistrate’s office; the offline application method can be initiated from there itself; the registration can be done online as well. The details are required after confirming your district/state.
When can I register my marriage in India?
Registration is done 30 days after the date of notice after deciding any objection that may have been received during that period by the SDM. Both parties along with three witnesses are required to be present on the date of registration.
How can I register my marriage online in India?
Online registration for a marriage certificate
- Open the government’s official website of the home state applicant belong to.
- Browse the website and find the form for marriage registration on the site.
- Fill the personal details of both the parties of the marriage, as asked in the form.
- Submit the form once it is filled.
Is it compulsory to register marriage in India?
The Supreme Court of India, in 2006, made it mandatory to register all marriages in the eyes of the law, making it an important certificate to prove your relationship with your spouse.
How can I do court marriage without parents in India?
- You can either perform marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act or Special Marriage Act or other relevant Acts,
- Under the HMA, you will have to perform the marriage first in temple/gurudwara and later on you can get it registered in the Court; no notice is sent in this case,
Is marriage in Temple legal?
The marriage performed in a temple is valid in the eyes of laws. … The temple must issue an authorized certificate of marriage or alternatively, a duly signed document to act as an evidence of solemnization of the marriage. The photographs must be taken so that there is documentary evidence of the marriage.
How can I register my love marriage?
To obtain marriage registration certificate, an application must be made in the prescribed form with name and address of bridegroom and bride, signature of bride and bridegroom, signature of 3 attesting witness present at the time of marriage along with their name and address, joint photo of bride and bridegroom with …
What documents are required for marriage registration in India?
Documents Required for Marriage Registration Online
- Proof of Address – Voter ID / Ration Card / Passport / Driving License.
- Proof of Date of Birth of both husband and wife.
- 2 passport sized photographs.
- Separate Marriage Affidavits in prescribed format from Husband & Wife.
- Marriage Invitation Card.
- Aadhaar Card.
At what age should a girl marry?
Definitions of child marriage
Child marriage is a complex subject under Indian law. It was defined by The Child Marriage Restraint Act in 1929, which set the minimum age of marriage for females to be 14 and males 18.
What is difference between court marriage and registered marriage?
Court marriages are very different from the traditional marriages which generally take place in between all the family members and relatives by following all the rituals. Court marriages generally take place in the presence of a marriage officer.
What is the cost of court marriage in India?
Court Marriage Fee
Generally, court marriage procedure fees are between Rs. 500 to Rs. 1000. But it is advisable to check the fees while filing the court marriage application form.