Is Hindi common in Chennai?
Answer: Almost all major languages in India are spoken in all metros. This means, Hindi is spoken in all metros. This also means that all major languages are spoken in Chennai and other metros and not just Hindi.
How many Hindi speakers are in Tamilnadu?
As of 2001 census, Tamil is spoken as the first language by 88.59% of the population followed by Telugu by 5.65 percent, Kannada by 2.68 percent, Urdu by 1.51 per cent, Hindi by 0.64 percent, Malayalam by 0.89 percent, Marathi by 0.1 percent and Saurashtra by 0.1 percent.
Can Tamilians speak Hindi?
All Tamilians speaking Hindi are not conversant with the language; many mix a bit of Tamil, English and Hindi and are able to convey what they want to say. … “Many company bosses are from the north and they only speak Hindi. Unless you learn Hindi, it will be difficult to work under them,” said Karanth.
Is Hindi banned in Tamil Nadu?
The DMK won the 1967 assembly election and the Congress Party never managed to recapture power in the state since then. The Official Languages Act was eventually amended in 1967 by the Congress Government headed by Indira Gandhi to guarantee the indefinite use of Hindi and English as official languages.
Which is best language in India?
Top 10 Most Popular Indian Languages
- Hindi. Hindi is officially the most popular language spoken across India. …
- Bengali. The second most widely spoken language after Hindi is none other than Bengali which is said to be spoken by approximately 8% of the entire population. …
Which is the first language in the world?
Sanskrit (5000 years old) – World’s Oldest Language.
Which is the first language in India?
2011 Census India
|Language||First language speakers||Second language speakers (millions)|
Is Chennai good for North Indian?
Chennai is a wonderful city and a great place to live but many north Indians who go there to study or work, find it hard to adjust to the dramatic change in culture and language. … The truth is that Chennai is just like any other city of India.
What is famous food in Chennai?
Street food of Chennai
- Idli and Sambhar, a common dish in Chennai.
- Dosai Chutney Hotel Saravana Bhavan.
- Onion Tomato Uttapam.
- Pongal with chutney,sambar,vada.
- Vada sambar chutney.
- Milagaai Bajji or Chilli Bhajji.
- Pista Kulfi.
What is Chennai famous for?
5 things that Chennai is well-known for
- The local food. Chennai is known for the Ambur Biryani. …
- Marina beach. Marina beach is among the most popular beaches in Chennai. …
- The coffee culture. Chennai is known for its coffee. …
- The Temples. Chennai is well known for its temples all over the country. …