Department of Microbiology
- Maintain excellence in teaching.
- Research .
- Carry out advanced, specialized & emergency investigations.
Sections- (1) Bacteriology (2) Mycology (3) Mycobacteriology (4) Immunology (5) Serology (6) Virology (7) Parasitology (8) Molecular biology.
Well equipped Seven service laboratories, Practical hall with 60 microscopes, Postgraduate Research Laboratory with advanced equipments, Demonstration room with 60 seats capacity, Museum & Departmental library.
Facilities for students
- Practical & Postgraduate Research Laboratory equipped with PCR & BACTEC
- Museum having 19 models, 8 specimens, 44 Micro photographs, 19 Scientists photographs, 12 Media models and 12 Vaccines.
- Departmental Library - No. of Books. 194 ,No. of Journals – 71
Facilities for Patients- Investigations done in Microbiology Department
- Routine culture , Blood culture, Milk culture, Mycobacterial culture, Fungal culture & sensitivity.
- Automated blood culture with Bactec.
- Aerobic & Anaerobic culture for O.T. surveillance.
- Water potability
- Skin clipping & scrapping
- Serological investigations
- Stool examination for ova & cyst.
- Specialized investigations for Scrub typhus, Leptospira, Malaria, Dengue, Hepatitis A,B,C& E, HIV, PUO screen.
- ELISA for HIV, Hbs Ag, TORCH, Dengue
- PCR for Mycobacterium tuberculosis & MDR TB.
Facilities for staff :
- Staff room
- Departmental library
Any special feature unique to the Department
- Biomedical waste management of the hospital
- Hospital infection control surveillance
- Antibiotic policy of the hospital
- Central Animal House
- Participation in External Quality Assurance programmes.
Remark of Head of Department if any: