- Facilities of Microbiology Department
Facilities of Microbiology Department
Facilities for students:
- Practical & Postgraduate Research Laboratory equipped with PCR & BACTEC
- Museum having 19 models, 8 specimens, 44 Micro photographs, 19 Scientists photographs, 12 Media models and 12 Vaccines.
- Departmental Library - No. of Books. 194 ,No. of Journals – 71
Facilities for Patients- Investigations done in Microbiology Department
- Routine culture , Blood culture, Milk culture, Mycobacterial culture, Fungal culture & sensitivity.
- Automated blood culture with BACTEC
- Aerobic & Anaerobic culture for O.T. surveillance.
- Water potability testing
- Skin clipping for AFB
- Skin scrapping for fungus
- Serological investigations
- Stool examination for ova & cyst.
- Specialized investigations for Scrub typhus, Leptospira, Malaria, Dengue, Hepatitis A,B,C& E, HIV, Chikungunya .
- ELISA for HIV, Hbs Ag, TORCH, Dengue ,Scrub, Brucella, HCV
- PCR for Mycobacterium tuberculosis & MDR TB.
- True Nat and RT PCR for Covid 19 testing
Facilities for staff :
- Staff room
- Departmental library/Cum Seminar room
Any special feature unique to the Department
- Biomedical waste management of the hospital
- Hospital infection control surveillance
- Antibiotic policy of the hospital
- Central Animal House Establishment facility
- Participation in External Quality Assurance programmes of Bacteriology & Serology ,Mycology, Parasitology
- True Nat and RT PCR for Covid 19 testing.
Remark of Head of Department if any: