The densely populated areas in India are Chennai, Kolkata, Delhi, and Mumbai. Therefore these areas have more density of railway.
Which railway network has highest density?
In 2015, the Czech Republic had the highest rail network density of any country, coming in at 122.61 meters of track per square kilometer.
In which part of the world do you find the densest railway network?
1. United States – 250,000 km. The US rail network, with an operating route length over 250,000 km, is the biggest in the world.
Which country is first in railway?
Which is the longest railway system?
The Trans-Siberian Railway (the Moscow-Vladivostok line), spanning a length of 9,289km, is the longest and one of the busiest railway lines in the world.
Which is the fastest train in India 2020?
Let’s have a look at the Fastest Trains in India:
- Vande Bharat Express – Train 18 (22439), 180 km/h.
- Gatimaan Express (12049/12050), 160 km/h.
- New Delhi – Bhopal Shatabdi Express (12002), 150 km/h.
- Mumbai – New Delhi Rajdhani Express (12951) & New Delhi – Kanpur Shatabdi Express (12034), 140 km/hour.
Which is the longest train in India?
Spanning 4273 km on rail tracks, and a running time of 80 hours and 15 minutes and about 55 scheduled stops, the Vivek Express covers the longest train route in India. It joins Dibrugarh (DBRG) in Assam, North-East India to Kanyakumari (CAPE), Tamil Nadu which is the southernmost tip of mainland India.
Which is the longest platform in India?
Longest railway platforms
- Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India:1,366.33 m (4,483 ft)
- Kollam Junction, Kerala, India:1,180.5 m (3,873 ft)
- Kharagpur Junction, West Bengal, India: 1,072.5 m (3,519 ft)
- Pilibhit Junction, Uttar Pradesh India 900 m (2,953 ft)
- Auto Club Speedway station, Fontana, California, US: 2,675 ft (815 m)
Which countries have no railway system?
Which is the first train in India?
On 16th April 1853, India as well as Asia got their first passenger train and the rest is history. The first passenger train ran between Bori Bunder (Bombay) and Thane, a distance of 34 km. It consisted of fourteen carriages and was operated by three steam locomotives, named Sahib, Sultan and Sindh.
Which is the first electric train in India?
The first electric train ran in India with the inauguration of services between Bombay VT and Kurla Harbour on 3rd Feb 1925 on ex-GIP Railway system. The section was electrified on 1500 Volt DC.
How many trains are there in India in 2020?
Indian Railways is among the world’s largest rail network, and its route length network is spread over 67,956 kms, with 13,169 passenger trains and 8,479 freight trains, plying 23 million travellers and 3 million tonnes (MT) of freight daily from 7,349 stations.