The Indian constitution recognizes 22 official languages: Bengali, Hindi, Maithili, Nepalese, Sanskrit, Tamil, Urdu, Assamese, Dogri, Kannada, Gujarati, Bodo, Manipur (also known as Meitei), Oriya, Marathi, Santali, Telugu, Punjabi, Sindhi, Malayalam, Konkani and Kashmiri.
What are the 22 languages spoken in India?
1) Assamese, (2) Bengali, (3) Gujarati, (4) Hindi, (5) Kannada, (6) Kashmiri, (7) Konkani, (8) Malayalam, (9) Manipuri, (10) Marathi, (11) Nepali, (12) Oriya, (13) Punjabi, (14) Sanskrit, (15) Sindhi, (16) Tamil, (17) Telugu, (18) Urdu (19) Bodo, (20) Santhali, (21) Maithili and (22) Dogri.
Is English official language of India?
There is no national language in India. … In addition to the official languages, the constitution recognizes 22 regional languages, which include Hindi but not English, as scheduled languages. States can specify their own official language(s) through legislation.
Which language is oldest in India?
Sanskrit (5000 years old)
Sanskrit is a widely spoken language in India. Almost all the ancient manuscripts of Hindusim, Jainism and Buddhism were written in this language.
Which is the oldest language in world?
Seven oldest surviving languages in the world.
- Tamil: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 300 BC. …
- Sanskrit: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 2000 BC. …
- Greek: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 1500 BC. …
- Chinese: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 1250 BC.
How do you say I love you in all Indian languages?
How to say ‘I Love You’ in 11 Indian languages
- Hindi. मुझे तुमसे प्यार है (Mujhe tumse pyaar hai) …
- Bengali. আমি তোমায় ভালোবাসি (Ami tomaya bhalobhashi) …
- Marathi. मी तुझ्यावर प्रेम करतो (Mi tujhyavar prem karato) …
- Telegu. నేను నిన్ను ప్రేమిస్తున్నాను (Nenu ninnu premishtunnanu) …
- Tamil. …
- Gujarati. …
- Punjabi. …
What are scheduled languages?
Hint: Scheduled languages are any languages other than the official languages of a country that have been assigned a position in the constitution of that country. They are frequently regional languages or minority languages.
Which is the queen of language?
Most people wonder Which Is The Queen Of All Languages In The World. Kannada is the language that is regarded as the Queen Of All Languages In The World.
Which English accent is best?
British accent has been rated as the most attractive English accent in the world, according to a new survey by the CEOWORLD magazine.
These Are The Most Attractive English Accents In The World:
Which English is used in world?
Besides the major varieties of English, such as American English, British English, Canadian English, Australian English, Irish English, New Zealand English, and their sub-varieties, countries such as South Africa, India, Nigeria, the Philippines, Jamaica, and Trinidad and Tobago also have millions of native speakers of …
Which is the longest river in India?
At over three thousand kilometers long, the Indus is the longest river of India. It originates in Tibet from Lake Mansarovar before flowing through the regions of Ladakh and Punjab, joining the Arabian Sea at Pakistan’s Karachi port.
What are the top 3 languages spoken in India?
More than one million speakers
|Rank||Language||2011 Census of India (total: 1,210,854,977)|