Is GS1 barcode mandatory in India?
1. Bar code has now been made mandatory for the companies deal in Pharmaceuticals, Trading with Super Markets, Providing Goods and Services to Army canteens etc. It is used worldwide as part of product packages, as price tags, carton labels, on invoices even in credit card bills.
Is GS1 registration mandatory?
You need to register with us to get GS1 barcodes for your products. Subscription is renewal-based and barcode numbers are allotted based on the number of existing and additional products you may need to identify in the future.
Do I need GS1?
Technically, you don’t have to use GS1 UPC. There are no legal requirements that necessitate having one on your products and getting an exemption from Amazon is fairly easy in most categories. This being said, you’ll need GS1 UPCs if you are planning to sell your products outside of Amazon.
How do I get a GS1 Company Prefix in India?
Process for obtaining Barcode in India
- GS1 India registration form duly filled and signed along with the “product classification sheet” duly encircling/highlighting the product categories being manufactured/supplied.
- Request letter/forwarding letter on letterhead for allocation of GS1 company prefix number.
How much does GS1 cost?
The first-year cost of obtaining a GS1 Company Prefix ranges from $250 for 10 products to $10,500 for 100,000 products. Each year after that, there is an annual license renewal fee which allows continued use of the unique prefix number. Annual license renewal fees range from $50 to $2100.
How much does barcode cost?
|Number of items needing a barcode/GTIN**||Initial fee||Annual renewal fee|
How can I get a free barcode for my product?
- Step 1: Register with GS1 India.
- Step 2: Generate numbers through DataKart.
- Step 3: Select a barcode printing process.
- Step 4: Select a “primary” scanning environment.
- Step 5: Select a barcode.
- Step 6: Pick a barcode size.
- Step 7: Format the barcode text.
- Step 8: Pick a barcode colour.
How long does it take to get a GS1 barcode?
UPDATE: Just spoke to GS1 on the phone. They said you have to wait at least 24-48 hours in order for the UPC to generate into the global database that Amazon is using.
What is GS1 certification?
The GS1 Company Prefix Certificate provides proof of your company as the legal licensee of the company prefix and all associated GS1 Identification Numbers for the duration of your license agreement. If you need to download or print a copy of your prefix certificate, go to myGS1 US and click “Prefix Certificates.”
Should I get a GS1 company prefix?
The GS1 Company Prefix is simply the U.P.C. Company Prefix with a leading zero and is very important unique identifier which enables companies to mark logistic (shipping) barcodes, coupon, and provide traceability.
Why are barcodes so expensive?
Reasons include: they don’t know how to go about getting them, barcodes are too expensive for their current business income, they don’t see a current need to have them, or they aren’t organized enough to have gotten that far.
Is GS1 barcode mandatory for Amazon?
Amazon will check the GS1 database to ensure the UPC code and the Manufacturer you provide when creating a listing match. So, you can try a 3rd party UPC codes, but GS1 provided UPC codes are the only true way to ensure acceptance. Some sellers have reported no issues but others have. You can always try.