Kolkata Suburban Railway is the largest suburban railway network in India, serving the suburbs of Kolkata. Now Kolkata Sub-Urban Railway has 348 stations and a track length of 1,172 km. The suburban railway operates 1450 EMU services and 159 MEMU services carrying 3.1 million (31.51 lakhs) people daily.
Which is the busiest suburban railway network in India?
It is the busiest railway station in India in terms of frequency of trains. Around 230 trains passes through the station daily. It also holds the record for the largest interlocking route system in the world along with Delhi staiton and one of five Central railway stations in India.
Which of the following is the busiest suburban railway network?
Find out more about the world’s busiest railway network – Mumbai in India. Mumbai is situated on a peninsula of land on the west coast of India, surrounded by the Indian Ocean. Its most important transport hub, the historic Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, opened in 1887 when India was still part of the British Empire.
Which is the fastest train in India 2020?
Let’s have a look at the Fastest Trains in India:
- Vande Bharat Express – Train 18 (22439), 180 km/h.
- Gatimaan Express (12049/12050), 160 km/h.
- New Delhi – Bhopal Shatabdi Express (12002), 150 km/h.
- Mumbai – New Delhi Rajdhani Express (12951) & New Delhi – Kanpur Shatabdi Express (12034), 140 km/hour.
Which is the longest train in India?
Spanning 4273 km on rail tracks, and a running time of 80 hours and 15 minutes and about 55 scheduled stops, the Vivek Express covers the longest train route in India. It joins Dibrugarh (DBRG) in Assam, North-East India to Kanyakumari (CAPE), Tamil Nadu which is the southernmost tip of mainland India.
Which is the longest platform in India?
Longest railway platforms
- Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India:1,366.33 m (4,483 ft)
- Kollam Junction, Kerala, India:1,180.5 m (3,873 ft)
- Kharagpur Junction, West Bengal, India: 1,072.5 m (3,519 ft)
- Pilibhit Junction, Uttar Pradesh India 900 m (2,953 ft)
- Auto Club Speedway station, Fontana, California, US: 2,675 ft (815 m)
Which is the most expensive luxury train in India?
Maharajas’ Express: the most expensive train in India
- Operating since January 2010, Maharajas’ Express is the newest luxury train of Indian Railways and easily one of the most expensive in Asia. …
- The train comprises 24 carriages, which include accommodation, dining, bar, lounge, generator and store cars.
Which country is first in railway?
Which is the first electric train in India?
The first electric train ran in India with the inauguration of services between Bombay VT and Kurla Harbour on 3rd Feb 1925 on ex-GIP Railway system. The section was electrified on 1500 Volt DC.