|State/Sex-wise Literacy Rate of Scheduled Castes in India (Census 2001)|
What is the literacy rate of Dalits in India?
Most bonded labourers are Scheduled Castes. Their literacy level is only 66.1 per cent as compared to the all-India level of 73 per cent. Female literacy among them is as low as 56.5 per cent against all-India female literacy level of 64.6 per cent (Census Report, 2011).
What is the percentage of SC ST in India?
The Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes comprise about 16.6% and 8.6%, respectively, of India’s population (according to the 2011 census).
Which caste has highest literacy rate in India?
- Jains have the highest percentage of literates above 7 years of age among India’s religious communities.
- Jains also have the highest percentage of educated members who are graduates and above.
- The 2011 Census data has taken those between 0 and 6 years as illiterate.
Which state has highest SC ST population?
Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes Population
|State with highest proportion of Scheduled Castes||Punjab ( 28.9 %)|
|State with lowest proportion of Scheduled Castes||Mizoram ( 0.03 %)|
|UT with highest proportion of Scheduled Castes||Chandigarh (17.5%)|
Which caste is most educated in India?
Jains are the most literate community in India.
Which religion has lowest literacy rate?
The gap of male-female literacy rates is the lowest among Jains which is only 6.8 per cent points against the national gender literacy gap of 21.6 per cent points. Among Christians also the gap is as low as 8.2 per cent points.
Are SC ST Hindu?
Under the constitutional order, 1950 as amended in 1990, SCs can be only from Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhists while STs can be from any of the religions.
Which caste is powerful in India?
Next to Brahmans are the Kshatriyas in varna ranking. They comprise very powerful castes as they are traditionally warriors and play a major role in defence.
Which caste is highest in India?
Here are six of the most significant:
- Brahmins. The highest of all the castes, and traditionally priests or teachers, Brahmins make up a small part of the Indian population. …
- Kshatriyas. Meaning “protector[s] of the gentle people,” Kshatriyas were traditionally the military class. …
- Vaishyas. …
- Shudras. …
- Adivasi. …
What percentage of India is educated?
In 2018, the degree of literacy in India was about 74.4 percent, with the majority of literate Indians being men. It is estimated that the global literacy rate for people aged 15 and above is about 86 percent.