What are some questions about India?
- What is India’s official name?
- India’s official name is ‘Bharat’ in Hindi and ‘Republic of India’ in English.
- What is the National Currency of India?
- The Rupee (One Rupee=100 paise) is the national currency of India.
- Which is the capital of India?
- New Delhi is the capital city of India.
Why do Indians ask personal questions?
Yet, in India it’s almost a social and professional norm to ask the barefaced personal questions. Article 15 and 16 of Indian constitution provides for equality of opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination on the basis of caste, religion, sex and place of birth.
Is it rude to ask caste?
Well, asking a certain person about their caste might be a breach of etiquette, but inquiring about the caste system in general is okay.
Is it rude to ask age in India?
It is okay, once you start talking to someone. As in a normal, pleasant conversation or if you want to be friends with them, there is literally nothing wrong with asking someone their age. The decorum of not asking someone their age is something that for some reason went from a politeness point to almost taboo.
Who is the father of GK?
Students should know the important ones so that they maximize their chances of scoring in GK.
List of Famous Fathers of the World:
|Sr. No.||Father of||Person|
How old is India?
India is home to one of the oldest civilizations in the world. From the traces of hominoid activity discovered in the subcontinent, it is recognized that the area now known as India was inhabited approximately 250,000 years ago.
Which caste is Patel?
Other than the North, Patels can notably be found in Central,… Patel caste is called “ Patidar, ” and Patel is a Kurmi caste in India.
What caste is Singh?
Singh, primarily a Punjabi Sikh surname meaning ‘lion’ in Sanskrit, was also adopted by the Hindu Kshatriya varna since the name alludes to the characteristics of a warrior. Under the Kshatriyas are the Vaishyas, the farmers, traders, and merchants.
What caste is Ahuja?
Ahuja is an Indian family name, mainly in the Punjab region. It is held by Hindus and Sikhs of the Arora and Jat communities. It means “descendant of Ahu”.
What should you never say to an Indian?
11 Things You Should Never Say In India
- “Wow! …
- “You’ll have an arranged marriage, won’t you?”
- “Do you worship cows?”
- “You don’t really look Indian, it’s like you’re too pretty to be Indian.”
- “I’m not a cricket fanatic.”
- “Are you sure, as a woman, you want to travel alone in India?”
- “I love your accent.”
What should I avoid in India?
Things You Should Never Do in India:
- Don’t keep your shoes on while entering in Temple. …
- Don’t wear tight or revealing clothes. …
- Avoid affection in the Public Area. …
- Don’t point the finger or touch anything by your Feet. …
- Don’t take or give things by your left Hand. …
- Don’t criticize any religious or political Group.
How can I be polite in India?
- When an Indian answers, “I will try,” he or she generally means “no.” This is considered a polite “no.”
- Many Indians do not wear shoes inside a home. Follow your host. …
- Apologize immediately if your feet or shoes touch another person.
- Ask permission before smoking. …
- Do not show anger.