|Marina Beach||Valluvar Kottam|
|Thousand Lights Mosque||Elliot’s Beach|
|Guindy National Park||Sri Parthasarathy Temple|
Which area is best in Chennai?
Top 10 Most Posh Areas in Chennai (Best Residential Places &…
- Adyar. Adyar is situated in southern Chennai and is one of Chennai’s largest and most prominent neighborhoods. …
- Anna Nagar. …
- Besant Nagar. …
- Kotturpuram. …
- Mylapore. …
- Nungambakkam. …
- R.A Puram. …
Which is the biggest area in Chennai?
The city together with the adjoining regions constitutes the Chennai Metropolitan Area, which is the 36th-largest urban area by population in the world.
|• Megacity||426 km2 (164.5 sq mi)|
|• MetroChennai metropolitan area||1,189 km2 (459.07 sq mi)|
|Elevation||7 m (23 ft)|
What type of place is Chennai?
Chennai, formerly Madras, city, capital of Tamil Nadu state, southern India, on the Coromandel Coast of the Bay of Bengal. Known as the “Gateway to South India,” Chennai is a major administrative and cultural centre. Pop.
What is Chennai India famous for?
Famous as the biggest cultural and economic centre down south, Chennai was earlier known as Madras. The city houses several Hindu temples, churches and museums. From its white-sand beaches to mouth-watering seafood, Chennai has everything for travellers.
Who is richest person in Chennai?
List of 5 Richest People In Chennai 2018
- Kalanithi Maran. Net Worth – 5 Billion USD. Kalanithi M Maran is the richest man in Tamil Nadu. …
- Arun Pudur. Net Worth – 4 Billion USD. …
- Mallika Srinivasan. Net Worth – 2.3 Billion USD. …
- Amm Vellayan. Net Worth – 1.3 Billion USD. …
- K M Mappillai.
Is Chennai dangerous?
Overall Crime & Safety Situation
The U.S. Department of State has assessed Chennai as being a MEDIUM-threat location for crime directed at or affecting official U.S. government interests. Chennai, the capital city of the State of Tamil Nadu, is regarded as one of the safest cities in India.
Which city is big Bangalore or Chennai?
While Bangalore is the capital of Karnataka, on the other hand, Chennai is the capital of Tamil Nadu.
Bangalore vs. Chennai: A Quick Comparison.
|Area||709 sq. km||426 sq. km|
|Population (2011)||8.5 million||7.9 million|
Is Chennai cheaper than Bangalore?
As per the 24th annual Mercer’s cost of living survey, Chennai is the 144th expensive city for expats to live in (out of 209 surveyed worldwide) – 26 spots higher than Bengaluru in 170 – and the third most expensive Indian city behind Mumbai (55) and New Delhi (103).
What is special in Chennai?
Home to temples, dosa and beaches, it is also a place where history has been made. Here are 10 things unique to wonderful Chennai. Chennai has many beautiful beaches — Besant Nagar, Thiruvanmiyur, Covelong and more. However, the Marina Beach gains prominence as it is the world’s second largest urban beach.
What is famous to buy in Chennai?
The Best Places to Buy Souvenirs in Chennai
- Chennaigaga. One of the most popular items you can get when it comes to souvenirs is graphic t-shirts. …
- Spencer Plaza. …
- Dakshinachitra. …
- Poompuhar. …
- Old Curiosity Shop on Mount Road. …
- CHAYA – Tanjore Art & More. …
- Artefacts from Mahabalipuram.
What food is famous in Chennai?
Street food of Chennai
- Idli and Sambhar, a common dish in Chennai.
- Dosai Chutney Hotel Saravana Bhavan.
- Onion Tomato Uttapam.
- Pongal with chutney,sambar,vada.
- Vada sambar chutney.
- Milagaai Bajji or Chilli Bhajji.
- Pista Kulfi.
What is Chennai city limit?
On January 22, the Tamil Nadu government issued a notification bringing 1,709 villages of the neighbouring districts of Tiruvallur, Kancheepuram and Vellore under the Chennai Metropolitan Development Area. This will take the city’s area from 1,189 sq km to over 8,878 sq km.
What clothes to wear in Chennai?
Western women who work in Chennai wear jackets and trousers, with shirts/blouses. Alternatively, skirts and blouses/jackets. It’s no different from other places, but I’d generally advice modesty.
Which sweet is famous in Chennai?
Moving on to the desserts
- Mysore Pak. Mysore Pak is a sweet dish prepared in butter with generous amounts of ghee, sugar, gram flour and often cardamom. …
- Payasam. There are several varieties of Payasam, which include rice payasam, sevai payasam, paruppu payasam. …