Which of the following islands are in the Indian Ocean?
The 11 Most Stunning Indian Ocean Islands
- Andaman Islands. An archipelago in the Bay of Bengal region of the Indian Ocean on the eastern waters of India, Andaman Islands form the northern counterpart of the Nicobar Islands. …
- Lakshadweep Islands. …
- Seychelles. …
- Langkawi Islands. …
- Christmas Island. …
- Sri Lanka. …
- Zanzibar. …
What are 3 islands in the Indian Ocean?
Top 3 islands of the Indian Ocean: where to spend a dream…
- The island of Mauritius, the Creole beauty. The island of Mauritius lies off the coast of Africa and offers visitors some of the most magical landscapes in the world. …
- The Maldives, a string of heavenly islands. …
- Bali, the Indonesian queen.
What Islands are in the South Indian Ocean?
This ecoregion encompasses five island groups in the southern Indian Ocean: Prince Edward, Crozet, Kerguelen, Heard, and McDonald Islands.
Which is the biggest island in Indian Ocean?
The largest island in the Indian Ocean is?
- Sri Lanka.
Which two island countries are located in Indian Ocean?
- Sri Lanka.
Where is the clearest ocean in the world?
1. The Maldives. The Maldives, located in the Indian Ocean, have around 1,190 islands and sandbanks. A lagoon with crystal clear water encircles all the islands, which are protected by a reef structure that is home to an array of underwater life.
How many Indian islands are in the Arabian Sea?
Lakshadweep Islands are Indian islands in the Arabian Sea. Only 10 of the total number of islands are inhabited. It is the top of the undersea mountain range called the Chagos-Lakshadweep Ridge. This is the correct option.
Which is the smallest island country in the Indian Ocean?
The smallest island country in the Indian Ocean is Maldives.
How many Indian islands are there?
India has a total of 1,382 off-shore identified islands.
Why is the Indian Ocean named after India?
The Indian Ocean is named after India because of its strategic location at the head of the ocean from ancient times and its long coastline which is longer than any other country in the Indian Ocean rim.
Who gave the name Indian Ocean?
The Indian Ocean has been known by its present name since at least 1515 when the Latin form Oceanus Orientalis Indicus (“Indian Eastern Ocean”) is attested, named for India, which projects into it.