How can I get my old marriage certificate in India?
- Completely filled application form signed by both husband and wife.
- Proof of Address- Voter ID/ Ration Card/ Passport, Driving License.
- Proof of Date of Birth of both husband and wife.
- 2 passport sized photographs, 1 marriage photograph.
How can I get my marriage certificate online in India?
How To Track Status-
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of your State Government.
- After that found out the Link for Marriage Registration on State portal.
- Click on the check Marriage Registration Status Link.
- Enter the Acknowledgment Number or Application Number and then Click on the Submit Option.
How long does it take to get a marriage certificate in India?
At present, it takes 7-15 days for marriages to get registered and for the issuance of certificates. The couple needs to be present in office to fill in Form 1 and 2 and the application for registering marriage.
How can I prove my marriage in India?
The marriage certificate is an official declaration that states that two people are married. In India, Marriages can be registered either under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. For both types of marriages, a marriage certificate is legitimate proof that a couple is married.
How can I prove my marriage without certificate in India?
- non registration does not affect validity of marriage.
- if marriage is not registered wedding invitation cards , wedding photographs are sufficient to prove that marriage has taken place.
- mere wedding invitation cards is not sufficent to prove the marriage.
How much does it cost for marriage certificate in India?
While the government charges Rs 100 as application fee for registration under the Hindu Marriage Act, Rs 150 is levied under Special Marriage Act. Additionally, people pay around Rs 400-500 for acquiring certain affidavits that need to be submitted with the applications.
Can a marriage be registered anywhere in India?
As per the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, following are the requirements for registration: One can apply for marriage at any sub-divisional magistrate’s office; the offline application method can be initiated from there itself; the registration can be done online as well.
How can I check someone’s marital status?
Go to the courthouse of the city where the marriage was likely to occur. Public records can be useful for finding out whether someone is married now, or what their marriage history has been in the past. Marriage records are public; you can usually see a copy for free or for a small fee.
How can I get a copy of my marriage certificate in Mumbai?
Visit your nearest BMC ward office or Marriage registrar office to get the application form. Fill up the application form carefully and paste passport size photographs in provided boxes. Further, submit the duly filled application form along with attested documents to the respective officer.
What does a marriage certificate show?
The actual marriage certificate offers the detail: a date and place of marriage, name and surname, age (frustratingly, in the early part of the 19th century this was often given simply as “of full age” ie 21 or over), condition (spinster, bachelor, widow, widower), rank or profession, residence at the time of marriage, …
Is marriage in Temple legal?
The marriage performed in a temple is valid in the eyes of laws. … The temple must issue an authorized certificate of marriage or alternatively, a duly signed document to act as an evidence of solemnization of the marriage. The photographs must be taken so that there is documentary evidence of the marriage.
Is marriage certificate necessary for visa?
Marriage Registration Certificate is needed as proof of marriage in foreign embassies in India and foreign countries outside India. While applying for Spouse VISA, the foreign Embassies ask for Marriage Registration Certificate.
What can be used as proof of relationship?
The best proof of relationship is a certified copy of the civil or religious birth record of the person filing for benefits showing the parents’ names. When the relationship involves a legally adopted child or the parent of a legally adopted child, the best proof is a certified copy of the decree or order of adoption.
What should I write in marriage certificate?
How to Write a Marriage Certificate
- Full names of each partner during the marriage ceremony.
- The location where the marriage took place (city, state, area)
- The day, month, and the year when the marriage took place.
- Phone number.
- Purpose of the marriage certificate.
- Photo ID.
What happens if the marriage is not registered?
The absence of registration of marriage does not render the marriage illegal. A marriage without registration is perfectly legal. 2. Since you are married for all legal and practical purposes you can dissolve the marriage only through a decree of divorce passed by the competent court.